Thursday, August 11, 2011

Strawberry Pie

What is it about farmer's markets that hold such an appeal to me?
Every Sunday, like clockwork, I'm pulled in to explore the fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, lined up in rows of cheerful colors. 


And, every Sunday, I end up coming home with a 3-pack of gorgeously ripe, red strawberries. 


I know I'll never be able to eat them all by myself, but I just can't resist. 

I usually spend the next couple of days in a strawberry funk, scrambling to turn up a recipe worthy for these red gems. 
And I think I've found that recipe! 

A simple strawberry-sugar sauce, thickened with a small amount of cornstarch and then left to reduce, provide just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the already ripe berries. Layered on my remaining strawberries, then chilled and allowed to set, made this dessert the perfect summer treat.


Why yes, I would like another slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment